Donnerstag, 18. April 2013

99 days

It feels like yesterday when i got out of the plain and finally realized 'Here i am, in America, 5 months, alone'
Everything was so new, i knew nobody and i couldnt understand most of the things the people told me, and now? I found a new home, a new sister a lot of new and awesome friends, best friends. And my english? I don't wanna say it is perfect because it really isn't but when u compare it with the 'English' i spoke when i came here it is alot better!!!
Just everything is better than i expected it before, I thought it would be the hardest thing in the world to find new friends at a new school, but now? I found the best friends in the world and i totally love them! I was scared of not getting along with my hostfamily, but candance is like a mum even when we have arguement sometimes, and Mariah is like a sister or a best friend, it would be boring without her and my exchange wouldn't be so awesome without her! I thought i would get homesick, but i am really not, i am the opposite i really don't wanna go home like i already said i thausant times in other posts.

I wanna tell you more about my school. Rapides High School in lecompte. It is a pretty small school just around 400 High School students and 200 Junior High Students, but perfect for exchange students. I dont know exactly but i think the most of the people there are black or mexican, but that really doesnt matter because they are all nice even when you are white and german, haha..
The worst thing about a small school is the sport, our school doesn't offer so many different kinda sports than maybe a school with 3000 students. But I really like the aspect that everybody knows you and you know everybody... Bad things about schools in Louisiana are the school uniforms, but you really get used to it and i started seeing some good things about it for example i don't spend hours and night to find some nice clothes for the next school day and every friday we have a day out of uniform!
Another thing which is totally different to Germany is that the teachers are so close to the students, they talk about the private life the whole time and know everything about each other. I am actually pretty happy with my school , even it is small ;)

& now look what I draw in Art: